What is a Game Sage?
Game Sages (GS) are community volunteers who can be found on the forums, discord, and online in-game. They are chosen for their in-game knowledge as well as their aptitude for helping, patience, and positive attitudes.
Game Sages are normal players with more responsibilities, as they are important liaisons that work with the Community Managers (CMs) and the community. They are not employees of Aeria Games, just unpaid volunteers.
What do Game Sages do?
- Strictly abide by the Terms of Service, and enforce the Game Rules established by Aeria Games in-game, on forum and on discord.
- Aid in player inquiries. Assist players with non-account or non-service related issues. Account or service related issues are handled via Aeria Ticket at http://tiny.cc/gftix
- Gather player suggestions and feedback for alchemies and gameplay.
- Document issues pertaining to localization errors, bugs, and exploits.
- Draft, organize and host events for the community.
- Forward urgent Tickets - those where there exists a miscommunication or there has been an extended period of time with no response. GS can also forward requests to lock accounts as a measure of security.
- Intervene in disputes to discourage conflict between players.
- Communicate in EN. It is the English server and it is the primary language of communication.
Game Sages are not required to:
- Power level your characters.
- Run instances/PvP with you.
- Give you items, gold, or price checks.
- Read verbatim 10 pages of information to you - GS can redirect you to the useful resources available.
- Deal with harassment. GS are allowed to report players for harassing them.
Game Sages are NOT allowed to:
- Mediate transactions or transfer items between players.
- Contact a Community Manager for you. If you need to speak to a CM please submit a Ticket.
What are the Requirements to become a Games Sage?
- Be 18 years or older.
- Understand and speak English fluently.
- Be active in-game, on forums and discord to actively communicate with the team and with the community.
- Be familiar with the game, forums and how to navigate related resources (i.e., database and wikia).
- Understand the Terms of Service and Game Rules established by Aeria Games and readily enforce these.
- Represent Aeria Games and act in a polite and professional manner, respectfully.
- Have a clean history - not previously banned or have behaviour issues with staff or the community.
- Maintain confidentiality - information you receive from the Product Manager (PM), CM, or another GS is absolutely private. Trust is vitally important for the GS program and without it we cannot function as a team.
- Not currently account sharing. This helps maintain confidentiality.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in accordance with the new European Data Protection laws. All Aeria Games volunteers and staff are required to sign the NDA.
What is a Non-Disclosure Agreement?
The NDA is a signed document where one agrees to not disclose confidential information that has been shared with them in order to maintain confidentiality. Your identity will be given to Aeria Games, but only the PM will have this information. These signed documents are a necessary step for Aeria Games to remain in accordance with the European Data Protection laws.
Note: We look for players who have willingness to assist the community - not players who try to help at the last minute or only during the application process. The Game Sage program is not a popularity contest. It can be hard work sometimes and you must be prepared for difficult questions and inquiring players. Make sure you're aware and can take the time and put the effort into what you're applying to do. We also want you to have fun. You’re applying to be a Game Sage in a game that has mecha fighters, swordplay and magic - this is not serious business; we want you to have FUN too! There needs to be a balance between being serious and being fun if you want to be a successful GS.