How to make the player base higher

Dear visitor, welcome to the Grand Fantasia Forum.

To use all the features of this page, please create an account or login.

• Hi. I am one of the players who has gone in and out of grandfantasia for the past few years. The recent add ons has been great since the Open Beta of the game which I happen to be on. I was really happy when I saw you guys open up a new server for the newbs and make a fresh start for those who just recently returned to the game like me. So a big toast on that.

So on to my opinion. At first items were alot cheaper like always at the start and it bloated up like crazy. Arena started dying the moment it even got hyped. So in my opinion its actually the armor fortification that is killing everything in the game. I know some might disagree with me but it really is the reason. Having a fortification higher than +9 is breaking the game. Limiting fortification would encourage more party in dungeons because it would not be soloed or even when you can it would take longer than party runs. This will also have a positive in arena because newbies would arena more compared to going in an arena with a rampant level 30 +20 gear which is ridiculous. Other add ons would be fine since its not really as OP as the fortification buffs. Seriously you guys have to limit it or this game will actually have very limited people because it encourages solo grind more than team grind. :/:/:/

• Trust us, newbie. We've been complaining about forts forever. There was a time where +7 was the max, and a time where +9 was. Then it became 15, then 18 and now 20. There's nothing they can do about forts now.

• Trust us, newbie. We've been complaining about forts forever. There was a time where +7 was the max, and a time where +9 was. Then it became 15, then 18 and now 20. There's nothing they can do about forts now.

First of all I'm not a newbie and its kinda why I am pointing this out and yes I was also posting this in Sanctum before. Yes I was there when the base fort was until +7 only. Where M-clay was just about 30g each. Where OSI and WCM was actually a grinding place for masters back when 50 was actually active in ALICE server. Yes I was there and I was a Channel 4 resident rofl. Where Elf arena was actually so active and not preoccupied by P2W ___________!!! Alot of players quit because of fortifications mainly. Plus newbies can't even progress cause no one will even dungeon with them cuz most players can actually solo. Haiz sad stuff. Game will die soon it's really sad when I really grew up playing this. ;(;(;(

• At the core level I agree that there are some benefits to having a lower fortification such as people working together however that suggestion is not fully thought out.

Why? Because of the following:

• MFI prices have been reasonable since the merge with Germany. Gone are the days of 3k MFI 3 and I was gearing myself before then. This game already had +15 when I joined and it wasn't fortification that killed it.
    • Grand Fantasia is a game with fixed updates that our players have no dictation over, this alone would normally be something that should have killed it, yet somehow it's survived for 8 years as it has. Consider that it's an old game in an anime genre. Final fantasy is probably the only one with wide exposure.
    • Thinking about myself for a second there would be so much less content that I could do with +9.

As for arena that is entirely the player base's fault. EN has a mad-toxic arena community and the rules don't necessarily favor new players either. If players weren't 'pwning noobs' in arena and making it hard for them to get points we might actually be able to get more brackets started, more often. TW is a prime example of how arena is done right, but ES isn't too bad either.

I was on the arena scene for a very long time and there are literally players who will only engage with players who have weaker gear than them.

• Ishan If you think Arena in this game is toxic you should try playing league at a competitive level once in a while.

Its not that its toxic its that there's too many carebears on this server LOL

• Jets youre highkey in denial if you dont think the pvp community isn't toxic, lmao. Proof of the sauce was how many if those "best in arena" forum posts would get locked after like 3 days.

But like Ish said forting is hecka cheap if you focus your gold on that and not buying costumes and mounts.

• Ishan If you think Arena in this game is toxic you should try playing league at a competitive level once in a while.

Its not that its toxic its that there's too many carebears on this server LOL

Regardless it's what is stopping new people from joining. At least with league it is literally only PvP and so ofcourse will attract players who like that. Try actually playing in the arenas on other Grand Fantasia servers that are active. Although it's probably too late now, if we'd have more of the chill attitude that TW had more arenas would be active.

• Hi. I am one of the players who has gone in and out of grandfantasia for the past few years. The recent add ons has been great since the Open Beta of the game which I happen to be on. I was really happy when I saw you guys open up a new server for the newbs and make a fresh start for those who just recently returned to the game like me. So a big toast on that.

So on to my opinion. At first items were alot cheaper like always at the start and it bloated up like crazy. Arena started dying the moment it even got hyped. So in my opinion its actually the armor fortification that is killing everything in the game. I know some might disagree with me but it really is the reason. Having a fortification higher than +9 is breaking the game. Limiting fortification would encourage more party in dungeons because it would not be soloed or even when you can it would take longer than party runs. This will also have a positive in arena because newbies would arena more compared to going in an arena with a rampant level 30 +20 gear which is ridiculous. Other add ons would be fine since its not really as OP as the fortification buffs. Seriously you guys have to limit it or this game will actually have very limited people because it encourages solo grind more than team grind. :/:/:/

I agree high forts are kinda game breaking. +9 was plenty but it's not just the forts. All the cash shop / AP spending centered additions have contributed to breaking this game and making sure people who spend thousands of dollars will wreck the free to play people. Going into any arena or guild war and getting 1 shot is not fun for anyone. Purple weapons, archive buff, forts higher than +9, all the nucleuses, advanced purple stones, costume alchemy, mount alchemy, these are all contributing factors to the broken state of the game. Really this is the developers fault imho. And there's no going back now.

(I seriously miss the days when costumes where cosmetic only. Now it's less about making your character look the way you want and more about getting the costumes with the most OP stats to boost yourself more. Oh and the Runway system that only contributes to this mess even more can go <insert explicative here> itself.