Here's a question.

Dear visitor, welcome to the Grand Fantasia Forum.

To use all the features of this page, please create an account or login.

• So firstly, I'm glad that Gamingo has heard the feedback of the players and done something unprecedented and allowed players to take old names. It is due to this that I was able to snag a name that I've wanted for 6 years (Rhea).

However, I do see it prudent to expand on this in potentially bringing the GM Enchant service back. For those who are unfamiliar with the program, the GM Enchant program was the predecessor of what is now known as Costume Alchemy. I see no reason why the service cannot be brought back with the GM Wish service. Surely GMs must still have the ability to create items with prefixes already, specifically costumes? It certainly would bring more $$$ into the game in seeing how prefixed costumes are arguably among the top 5 commodities in this game. It could even be its own separate service (seeing as item transferring and account recovery are now services). I just hope that it would at least be priced fairly in regards to AP. If anyone objects to this (Aeria Staff included), please let me know why, but I really do not see how this would not be beneficial to the game.

• With the way you've worded your suggestions it's as though the two suggestions go hand in hand however they do not. Looking at it from Aeria's point of view I can see a fair few reasons for why they shouldn't implement this suggestion.

The name buying implementation:

• Doesn't necessarily disadvantage players as players who have not logged in for many years are unlikely to log in again. Benefits current players
    • Is a net value to the system as it encourages more players to actually spend for a name change.
    • Players could if they wish take the name they wanted on Siwa and wait for a merge. This is good in that it could prevent some monetary loss from the company for players who wish to be impatient or seek to take a name before another player does.
    • Isn't competing with an existing system within the game and so doesn't draw away player value (be it $/AP) from it.

A re-implementation of the GM enchant service would:

• Directly compete with the Costume Alchemy system particularly in regard to the $100-1000's some players are willing to spend to get the perfect costume prefix set.
    • Reduce the market supply of loose costumes or unwanted costumes that may go to other players for a cheaper price. This would be detrimental on mid-low spending players. It would make the game more top-spender focused, which lets face it atm is the last thing we need.
    • Put a greater load on a GMs for something that can be done ingame (why??).
    • Not necessarily be net value to the system because it consumes resources that would go to another part of the game.

I've had my fair share of heartache from the Costume Alchemy system but it just doesn't make sense for Aeria to implement this unless GF were truely on it's last legs and they just wanted to grab as much cash as they wanted before shutting down the game. It's at that point you'll probably be able to buy Exceptional Yellow prefix + All Star mount + Prefixed Armour sets of your choice for a <large ap number>.

• With the way you've worded your suggestions it's as though the two suggestions go hand in hand however they do not. Looking at it from Aeria's point of view I can see a fair few reasons for why they shouldn't implement this suggestion.

The name buying implementation:

• Doesn't necessarily disadvantage players as players who have not logged in for many years are unlikely to log in again. Benefits current players
    • Is a net value to the system as it encourages more players to actually spend for a name change.
    • Players could if they wish take the name they wanted on Siwa and wait for a merge. This is good in that it could prevent some monetary loss from the company for players who wish to be impatient or seek to take a name before another player does.
    • Isn't competing with an existing system within the game and so doesn't draw away player value (be it $/AP) from it.

A re-implementation of the GM enchant service would:

• Directly compete with the Costume Alchemy system particularly in regard to the $100-1000's some players are willing to spend to get the perfect costume prefix set.
    • Reduce the market supply of loose costumes or unwanted costumes that may go to other players for a cheaper price. This would be detrimental on mid-low spending players. It would make the game more top-spender focused, which lets face it atm is the last thing we need.
    • Put a greater load on a GMs for something that can be done ingame (why??).
    • Not necessarily be net value to the system because it consumes resources that would go to another part of the game.

I've had my fair share of heartache from the Costume Alchemy system but it just doesn't make sense for Aeria to implement this unless GF were truely on it's last legs and they just wanted to grab as much cash as they wanted before shutting down the game. It's at that point you'll probably be able to buy Exceptional Yellow prefix + All Star mount + Prefixed Armour sets of your choice for a <large ap number>.

So a few things.

i did list that it could be an extension of the GM Wish service, seeing as a GM does technically fabricate an item/items when fulfilling a GM wish. This eliminates one of your concerns, as it wouldn't be a separate service.

Secondly, I definitely do not think that anyone (with a sane mind) would be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a costume, provided that the costumes in question are not Exceptional or GM Enchanted. (Most cases, players who wish to sell GM Enchanted Items from the previous era wish to do so by asking for irl currency, which is illegal).

"

• Put a greater load on a GMs for something that can be done ingame (why??)."

By this logic, why do the GMs allow PvP sets to be GM wished? Why do they allow items to be GM wished at all? They're all (with the exception of rare and discontinued items) presumably attainable in-game. I don't see why this was a listed issue.

"

"

I assume this is referring to how costumes are recycled when one does not get the desired prefix. This is a valid argument, and I do not have anything to contrast it directly but

In contrast, assuming this service would be reintroduced, most (all) people would likely ask for a Yellow prefixed costume assuming that it is an extension of the GM Wish service. These are already highly priced items which in most cases meet or exceed the current cost of a GM wish (although, seeing as AP trading was just abolished, i am unsure if it is still allowed to sell a GM wish), so I do not believe this would necessarily stop the recycling of unwanted costumes, but I do agree that it would slow it down. In this case, you would be getting what you paid for, in essence. Additionally, of all the stat-boosting items in the game, costumes are among the least significant. So whilst I do agree that "top-spending" is an issue, I do not believe that this would be an issue, as costume alchemy is midmaxing.

• I've love to see you flesh out your suggestions more, how many wishes should an exceptional yellow be worth in your opinion?

• i did list that it could be an extension of the GM Wish service, seeing as a GM does technically fabricate an item/items when fulfilling a GM wish. This eliminates one of your concerns, as it wouldn't be a separate service.

Fabricating and prefixing are separate services, they generate the item using it's ID and then prefix it. They currently do not do this with any other item (yellow/purple and orange items included).

• Secondly, I definitely do not think that anyone (with a sane mind) would be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a costume, provided that the costumes in question are not Exceptional or GM Enchanted. (Most cases, players who wish to sell GM Enchanted Items from the previous era wish to do so by asking for irl currency, which is illegal).

GM wishes are atypically sold as a separate commodity either as gold or other (now devious) means. This usually means thier market price is roughly $20-$30 dollars (as AP cards for items is still permitted) or the gold equivalent. For unprefixed costumes that people really want, particularly runaway this isn't really a insane amount of gold to fork out. People have and will continue to wish for things that don't seem worth it to you or a normal player.

Note that this was even more crazy in the past, where it wouldn't be uncommon to pay alot for an unprefixed rare white costume (40k Blade rings anyone? Remember how lucrative the Emerald Xtal wings were back when they were a pvp reward?).

• By this logic, why do the GMs allow PvP sets to be GM wished? Why do they allow items to be GM wished at all? They're all (with the exception of rare and discontinued items) presumably attainable in-game. I don't see why this was a listed issue.

I think you misunderstand me here, Yes you can wish PvP/GvG items but you cannot wish for them to be slotted or forted under any circumstances. It's the same with costumes, you can wish for a costume but you cannot wish for them to be prefixed under any circumstances. Costumes shouldn't be the exception.

Just to understand your idea better Ciega, would you not think that everyone would just end up wishing for an Exceptional Yellow costume of their choosing? People would never actually bother trying to get that prefix via costume alchemy and at best the system be used for Green/Blue costumes (by the then unlucky plebs who are too poor to GM wish). Even if it would cost multiple wishes per exceptional, this cost pales in comparison to getting it manually.

• Additionally, of all the stat-boosting items in the game, costumes are among the least significant.

This is subjective and it is incorrect, almost all the stat booster items aren't significant on thier own but together they're amazing. Plus extreme xtals are less significant, costume stats given to a character are affected by all the passive boosts the character has AND is affected by nuclei boosts.