Posts by Mechium

Dear visitor, welcome to the Grand Fantasia Forum.

To use all the features of this page, please create an account or login.

One question.

How does Sanctum benefit from the Merge?

Dark answered this one pretty well.

Greetings~

Concerning players with the same name on the two servers, will it be like the past merges? (If so, could we get a refresher to how it goes again).

We will be looking into the specifics throughout the next weeks and will provide a solution and more information, when we can. Preferably all in one go.

--

Towards the other questions and concerns:

We are merging a Siwa into Sanctum. If the activity were high, we wouldn't be doing it. I wouldn't worry about a dominant population of any language, because it doesn't exist.

Merges are usually done to keep all the involved servers active. Personally, I've never understood the deal with other languages in any game I've played. Anybody can speak any language unless it is "foul language", right? I believe you benefit more from gaining activity than you may lose from not understanding the chat now and then. However, we don't expect a big impact.

I'd also like to reinorce that I also apply the same values in real life, too. We share a planet and universe. We just lose time filtering in countries and languages. We can benefit much more from one-another if we don't build artificial walls.

That being said. we are merging Siwa with Sanctum for various reasons. It is technically the most logical decision as they are already connected anyway - shared Client, Item Mall, TSE, Alchemy Table and tools.

Cheers
    Mechium

Dear community

Without further delay and straightforwardly I must announce what you have already been expecting:

Within the next months we will merge Siwa with Sanctum. More precise information will follow once we can set dates.

This was just recently discussed with X-Legend during our meetings in their headquarters. As we are still in the initial phase of this task, I can’t provide any further details yet, especially not concrete dates. We must align resources, consider patches and other projects, too.

Obviously, the launch of Siwa can’t be called a success story and we are not happy with the development. We are also aware that not everybody supports the idea of merging these two servers. Considering how many things are already shared between the two servers, this is the most reasonable choice though. On top, Sanctum and Siwa can both benefit from increased activity and shared experience.

To make the last weeks/months more enjoyable we will increase the amount of events in Siwa. We’ve listened to your request and spawned a few monsters in the big cities of Saphael.

Instead of me writing a long speech, I invite you to ask your questions and share your concerns below, so we can speak about what you really want to know.

I also ask you to keep the thread polite and engaging for everybody involved.

Cheers

Mechium

Hey fellow combatants

For the future we plan to provide more frequent and concrete updates by commenting on a specific and current topic per announcement, sometimes these will also be territory specific. This first update is on how we release items.

Firstly, one of our aims is to increase the attractiveness of our promotions by increasing the variety of sales, (unique) Alchemy tables and so on. Shouldn’t the Game Sage and Wish Alchemy feel more like a special and exclusive event?

We do not plan to reinvent the wheel, but we do want to try out new and possibly unexpected things. To achieve this, we need to adjust specific parts of our promotions. Further changes can always happen, as development never stops.

Whatever happens though, Sprite Alchemy will always remain a very important part of … well simply everything.

Here we go

Runway Items

You will most likely have noticed that we have switched to a regular rotation of Runway items. We believe this is preferable to a complete change out of the blue as it brings life to the Runway but also makes it more predictable.

• commonly, items will be changed per patch
    • usually an item will be part of the Runway for four months
    • items that appeared in the NEW category, will be shifted to the specific costume category instead of being removed. This means, these items will be part of the Runway for more eight months

General Costume and Mount Release

We have changed the way we release items. Most of the time the release of an item will follow the schedule below, though we will make exceptions e. g. for special items or occasions.

Let’s call it “ The Four Stages of Item Release”.

Stage 1

An item is usually released in a Loyalty Program. Sometimes you may spot a stray item being released in a High Alchemy, Loot Wheel or even Mystery Box, as done recently with the Melodic and Tuned Nuclei.

Stage 2

For the following month, after the release promotion in Stage 1 has ended, the item is blocked for the M-Alch. However, the item can reappear in a special promotion.

Stage 3

For roughly one month regular items are now exclusively available to the Game Sage and Wish Alchemy.

Stage 4

Any regular item can appear in any Alchemy.

-

Be aware that we will continue to adjust what needs to be adjusted. We will also come up with new ideas that may not always be great. Feel free to leave your constructive feedback as a comment below.

For future updates, I’d like to gather your most urgent topics, so go ahead and fill out the form within the next week with the topics you’d like to hear more about. I will reply to them as soon as possible.

[btn='Ask-Me-Anything Form','500px']https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCkMSkYex1jFwpDgo5RNiyQ5oFeBc6E7ARDkK0hCiPN5J1rA/viewform?usp=sf_link[/btn]

As a final note, rest assured we have many more topics than sales and promotions on our list. We have other projects planned or on-going and we also met up with X-Legend just last week. You can look forward to more updates on current in-game issues, events, technical improvements and more.

Hello Sprite Messengers

Finally, we can use the forum gain. So now it is about time that you receive an update from the current Grand Fantasia team!!

In this Team Letter we will focus on the new members and give a few general updates. As always, we can’t go into detail on every topic, but we hope we will be able to give a little insight.

April was a month with a lot of changes (and other surprises). Product Manager (PM) Morgoth left, I - former Assistant Product Manager (APM) Mechium - became new PM, APM Darthbear is meanwhile the APM of Aura Kingdom and Community Manager (CM) Alikar became the new APM of Grand Fantasia.

*gasp for air*

Doing the math, you’ll probably realise that there is one CM less. But appearances are deceiving, as we have already found a replacement:

Proudly presenting CM Cucudrula! Followed by a self presentation:

Hi Messengers!

Im Cucudrula! The new GM for ES.

Im from Venezuela, although I lived a few years in Spain before being here with you.

Obviously, I´m starting... I´ll try to catch up as soon as possible! To be able to help each other and make this family bigger and more nice every day.

Any questions or suggestions, you already know where to contact me!

Last but not least I’d like to emphasize that I am very happy to be back on Grand Fantasia and hope to stay here for a while. Those who have played our games for a longer time will know that we change and shift people a lot. Maybe not more than in other companies, but it is much more visible.

I joined Aeria Games in March 2016 as CM (formerly GM) on Aura Kingdom US and DE, in-between I was also CM for mobile games, later I was APM on Grand Fantasia and recently PM of Wolfteam. I’ve moved desks roughly 20 times already, but that keeps me fit.

I wanted to work in a gaming company as I used to be a gamer myself and wanted to see how things work behind the scenes. Also, very important for me, is that as much as I meanwhile see a game as a product, it is your free time you spend on the game. I want you to have as much fun and as little worries as possible.

On Grand Fantasia my main aim is to keep the game not only alive, but also vivid. So, as I get back into the game, I hope to pick up where Morgoth left and continue with the improvements (economy, bug fixes, …) that he brought to the game. GF is in pretty good shape already though.

Obviously I don’t have as much in-game experience as Morgoth has, so I’ll be happy to read your feedback (in this thread if you like) and we will listen to it where we can. I also have a crush on documentation, for which I’m spending quite some time on currently.

If you want to know more, poke me on Discord. I am a rare sight at the moment, as I’m concentrating on - you would never guess - documents and documentation. Also presentations, reportings, technical “stuff” etc. may block me now and then. I still try to be as present and responsive as possible - if it takes me a week to reply, just poke me again.

Of course, as the team changes some former decisions or certain processes may change over time. This is necessary as we need to not only adjust to in-game changes but also to changes in the company and team. It isn’t always nice, but some decisions are made so we can simply manage the workload.

This leads me to the next topic:

Last year the Product Support Team took over the test and live QA of maintenances and patches of all games. Step by step and due to structural changes in the company, a big part of this field is being handed back to the game teams. In April the CMs already took over the maintenance QA and they are currently being introduced to patch QA. On average, each team member will spend 16h a month on QA related tasks. It may not seem a big deal, but it also means 2 of workdays of ~25 days per month less for community and customer related tasks.

Bank holidays, sickness, vacation, team changes etc. have an additional negative effect on the daily tasks. Most noticeable will be the response time of our tickets, but we have adjusted and are working on reducing the response time. Meanwhile, we ask for your patience.

That was it for now. If you have comments or questions, feel free to post below.

See you soon!

PM Mechium